- Call oncologist re:
treatment options, WA
extra prescription to tide me over
- RSVP Bob’s memorial? Or wait until after?
- Call Louisa?? Pros - avoid going for nothing
- she knows our history
- Sylvia may have spoken to her?
Cons - blabbermouth
- Car serviced
- Book Rufus in to kennel
(or take him??) √
- meds + pain killers
- food for Rufus
- 5 x shirts
- 2 x slacks
- 5 pairs underwear + socks
- oxygen tank + spare
- everyday suit
- Find divorce papers – garage? attic? (2004)
- Find mother’s ring
- clean – silvo?
- buy metal cleaner or get professionally done?
- Cancel house-cleaning next wk. (permanently??)
- new sprinkler timer
- Book accom. – Perth
Pack – contd.
- dog bed
- letters from S?
- Write letter??
My sincerest condolences for Bob. I hope that this letter is not too soon.
- Ask Cassie to help with letter??
- Talk to Cassie? Pros - honesty
Cons - may try to stop me
- hurt feelings?
- Things to arrange here - in case:
- leave papers in obvious spot – desk
- lawyer’s number
- money for flights over. Or bring me back? Cassie, Rob, Frankie.
- Books - War and Peace??
- Tibetan book of ?
- New Richard Flanagan
- Book accom on way?
Melb – Perth = 3000km (37 hrs) ÷ 8 hrs p/day?? 6 hrs p/day = 6 days
- Fly instead?? Rufus?? Check with Dr Chen? Risk of infection?
- Bob’s memorial = next Thurs…
37 hrs ÷ 10 = 4 days
- Stay with Rich and Priya – Adelaide?? √
As you know, I do not have much time…
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on Jul 17, 2021 as "To do".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.