1. Which famous kidnapping inspired the Agatha Christie novel Murder on the Orient Express?
2. What is the composer Chopin’s first name? (Bonus points for knowing the first names of Beethoven, Vivaldi, Berlioz and Ravel.)
3. Where in the human body would you find the superior vena cava?
4. What date is the Ides of March?
5. The food colouring cochineal is extracted from what living thing?
6. Who is famous for a series of artworks in which dead animals (including a shark and a zebra) are preserved in formaldehyde.
7. Name the principality in south-western Europe, located in the eastern Pyrenees mountains, that is bordered by Spain and France.
8. Name the German-born athlete who developed a physical fitness system called Contrology.
9. Who carried Australia’s flag at the closing ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow?
10. Who is Prime Minister Tony Abbott’s chief of staff?
Click through for answers.