1. Renzo Piano is famous in which field?
2. Former NRL star Jarryd Hayne has signed a contract with which iconic NFL team in the United States? (Bonus points for naming which NRL club he played for and the year he debuted.)
San Francisco 49ers. (Bonus points: Parramatta Eels; 2006.)
Reporters Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein broke the story that led to the Watergate scandal in which newspaper?
4. What is the largest county in Ireland?
5. Which Academy Award-winning actress recently adopted baby Edith?
6. The greeting “kia ora” comes from which language?
7. In what year did John Howard become prime minister of Australia?
8. Which team defeated the English cricket team to put them out of ICC World Cup contention?
9. In 2011, what became the world’s newest country?
10. Leonard Nimoy was best known as which Star Trek
“He took my personal car park.”
The Sikh priest complains about ex-footballer Ben Cousins’ erratic behaviour at a temple in Perth.
“He was inviting people to roll their eyes, grimace, groan. So Julie responded in exactly the way he wanted her to.”
The communications minister explains why Joe Hockey really wanted Julie Bishop to roll her eyes and hold her forehead in shame during his clumsy eulogy to Malcolm Fraser.
“I’m happy to put that challenge out there, let’s cap our production right here and start acting like grown-ups.”
The Fortescue Metals boss encourages miners Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton and Vale to cap iron ore production. The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission was unable to distinguish between being “grown up” and a “cartel”.
“WhatsApp or Wickr or Threema or Signal or Telegram – there’s a gazillion of them.”
The communications minister encourages journalists to use various messaging services that circumvent the metadata retention legislation he is advocating in parliament. Peter Dutton’s advice on beating border security was not forthcoming.
“You can hear he is trying to smash the door down.”
An investigator working on the Germanwings crash that killed 150 people in the French Alps explains that one of the pilots was apparently locked out of the cockpit before the crash.
“I’ve just heard the news … I regret this break-up and I hope the remainder of the band sticks together.”
The NSW opposition leader responds to news Zayn Malik has left One Direction. The likely impact on this weekend’s state election was unknown at time of print.