1. Which international airport’s code is FUK?
2. Which actor voiced Donkey in the movie Shrek
? (Bonus points for naming who voiced Shrek and Princess Fiona.)
Eddie Murphy. (Bonus points: Mike Myers; Cameron Diaz.)
3. Which US state is home to the headquarters of Apple?
4. Lisa Alexander is the coach of which Australian national sporting team?
Australian Diamonds netball team.
5. In computer technology, what does HDMI stand for?
High-definition multimedia interface.
6. In the Leonard Cohen song Suzanne
, where did the tea and oranges come from?
7. Which animal represents a sharemarket in which prices are rising?
8. In the Catholic Church, what title is given to the overseer of a diocese?
9. Is a dolphin a mammal or a fish?
10. How many points are on the largest star of the Australian flag?
“To ‘weak’ and ‘contemptible’ I now add ‘vindictive’.”
The right-wing columnist plays celebrity heads with The Australian, upset it identified the racist booing of Adam Goodes as racist. Bolt maintains it was only half racist because Goodes is only half Aboriginal.
“It’s really about intrigue – how does a poet become a multimillionaire mining magnate? What journey does that take?”
The co-director of the Queensland Poetry Festival expands on why she programmed Clive Palmer for the event. Palmer, like most poets, was only ever one iron ore deposit away from obscene wealth.
“He did some really positive things but he also did participate in, you know, the deportation of the Jews, which is really... there’s no excuse for that whatsoever.”
Eric Abetz’s brother explains his “mixed” feelings about their great uncle. The family is notoriously accepting of gays, environmentalists and Nazi war criminals.
“Whenever things like this arise, there is a price to pay … and I dare say there will be a little personal price for me.”
The prime minister reflects on Bronwyn Bishop’s departure from the speaker’s chair. Given her love of weddings, it is a shock he was only ever her love child.
“We have been able to stare down these evil people smugglers.”
The immigration minister celebrates the turning back of 20 asylum-seeker boats in the past 18 months. Language in the portfolio has gone from militaristic to straight-out witchcraft.
“Today, 515 days since the plane disappeared, it is with a heavy heart that I must tell you that an international team of experts has conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Reunion Island is indeed from MH370.”
The Malaysian prime minister confirms part of the missing plane has been found on a French island in the Indian Ocean.