1. Which tennis player won this year’s US Open women’s singles title and promptly announced her retirement from the game?
2. “The Lord is my shepherd” begins which number psalm?
3. Retinol is a form of which vitamin?
4. Englishman John Smith is linked with which famous Native American?
5. In which century did the Suez Canal open? (Bonus points for naming the two seas it connects.)
6. What was the real first name of designer Coco Chanel?
7. How many letter tiles (including blanks) are in a game of Scrabble?
8. The television series Cheers was set in which United States city?
9. Which country’s prime minister this month said he would make his home available to asylum seekers?
10. Name the Liberal and ALP candidates in the September 19 Canning byelection.
Click through for answers.