1. What does the acronym EFTPOS stand for?
Electronic funds transfer at point of sale.
2. What is the smallest breed of possum?
3. What is the capital city of Slovakia?
4. Pineal, pituitary and adrenal are all types of what?
5. In which James Bond film did George Lazenby play 007?
On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
6. What is the Japanese word for green?
7. How many sportspeople have been named Australian of the Year this decade? (Bonus points for naming the athlete/s and the year/s.)
One. (Bonus points: Adam Goodes; 2014.)
8. Which zodiac sign is represented by a ram?
9. Which wispy cloud takes its name from the Latin for a curling lock of hair?
10. A violin usually has how many strings?
“By the way, I said ‘hung’ not ‘hanged’. I didn’t want her dead.”
The comedian clarifies what he meant when he suggested Pauline Hanson be hung from the Harbour Bridge. Australians – so sensitive about tense, and torturing women.
“Looks like you need a new outfit. You’ve worn that twice already.”
The Auburn deputy mayor critiques the attire of a Fairfax Media court reporter. Which gives some indication of how frequently he is before a judge.
“I don’t believe a woman is a man without a cock.”
The feminist author explains her problem with transgendered women. Elsewhere in her speech at Cardiff University she made clear being a woman was “not all cake and jam”.
“I think I release myself from this prison today.”
The actor confirms that he is HIV-positive. Or HIV-winning, as he would have it.
“If same-sex marriage is passed, we will enter in my view a whole new era, an era where gender will not matter anymore.”
The Tasmanian Liberal MP votes against state support for same-sex marriage. Because a world where gender did not matter – where pay was equal, for instance – is not a world worth living in.
“The thoughts of the entire country are with his family.”
The New Zealand prime minister mourns the death of Jonah Lomu. The rugby union great suffered a rare kidney disease.