1. Which Australian author’s latest novel is titled Truly, Madly, Guilty
2. The ancient city of Bagan is in which country?
3. What does the acronym NASA stand for? (Bonus point for naming where NASA headquarters are located.)
National Aeronautics and Space Administration. (Bonus point: Washington, DC.)
4. Who penned the song “So Long, Marianne” for his muse Marianne Ihlen?
5. Marco Pierre White, Shannon Bennett and Peter Gilmore are all well known ...?
6. In which sport did Australia win its first Rio Olympics medal?
7. The painting Arrangement in Grey and Black No. 1
is better known by what colloquial name?
8. How many hours are there between a low and high tide?
9. In the game of Scrabble, how many points is the letter ‘P’ worth?
10. How many sides does a rhombus have?
“They look like dinosaurs. They are really strange and different, and they should be treated as living treasures. Yet, they are not.”
The performance artist writes about Aboriginal Australians in her forthcoming memoir. The section has since been quietly erased, like much in the past 200 years of white oppression.
“I’m not going to be defamed by the Guardian and by the ABC because we are doing everything within our power to provide support to people.”
The immigration minister continues to ignore the contents of the Nauru files, and that truth is an absolute defence in defamation law.
“It was a popular program… It’s something that will bring a double benefit of nutrition to primary school children and help the dairy industry.”
The senator seeks to restart a national school milk program. After that, he hopes to eradicate polio and organise for everyone to watch the moon landing together in the hall.
“It is certainly an issue – the African American problem in this country.”
The senior aide to Donald Trump adds to the general racism of his boss’s campaign. Cohen went on to ask which polls Trump was down in, before conceding the answer was “all of them”.
“These scammers are becoming increasingly sophisticated and the phishing websites very much replicate your experience when using the real website.”
The manager of cybersecurity at the Australian Communications and Media Authority details a scam involving the video service Netflix. It turns out the invitation was not about coming over to “chill” at all.
“I need to either be put under here or chop it off. Like, it’s pretty sore.”
The Australian javelin thrower describes attempts to fix her shoulder after dislocating it while competing at the Rio Olympics. On reflection, she said, “It was actually a good throw, so…”