1. The term “ursine” means related to or resembling what animal?
2. Sergei Prokofiev composed the score for a ballet based on which William Shakespeare play?
3. On which island did an exiled Napoleon Bonaparte die?
4. Michael Phelps retired from swimming this month with how many Olympic gold medals? (Bonus point for naming from which country the swimmer who defeated him in the 100 metres butterfly at Rio 2016 came.)
5. What Spanish name means “snow-covered mountain range”?
6. Who wrote the short stories “The Nightingale and the Rose” and “The Happy Prince”?
7. Scoot is a budget offshoot of which major airline carrier?
8. What is the name of the green colouring substance of leaves and plants?
9. Louise Hearman won this year’s Archibald Prize with her portrait of which entertainer?
10. In which nursery rhyme did the dish run away with the spoon?
Click through for answers.