1. Name the prime minister of Canada.
2. Which vegetable has varieties that include kennebec, sebago and Dutch cream?
3. Which mare was named the 2015-16 Australian Horse of the Year?
4. How many lines comprise the London Underground?
5. String theory is associated with which branch of science?
6. Who is featured on the new Australian $5 note?
7. Which politician has been the federal member for the Queensland electorate of Kennedy since 1993?
8. Name the most recent memoir by author Elizabeth Gilbert? (Bonus point for naming her 2006 debut memoir.)
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear. (Bonus point: Eat, Pray, Love.)
9. What colour is the gemstone tanzanite?
10. What do thalassophobics have an intense fear of?
“It was a brilliant perspective cartoon that made the point.”
The former prime minister defends Bill Leak’s cartoon of a drunk Indigenous man unable to recall his son’s name. People say Howard has no sense of humour, but he did make George Brandis sports minister once.
“Unlike most of my colleagues down under, I’ll be cheering on a Trump victory.”
The deeply religious senator confirms he looks forward to the end of days and the fiery judgement it will bring with it.
“Andrew Robb was an outstanding trade minister. But Andrew’s left the parliament and he’s pursuing a career.”
The prime minister defends Robb’s choice to take up a position as economic adviser to Landbridge Group, the Chinese operator of the Port of Darwin.
“This is a constitutional matter, and boy am I sharp on the constitution (the real law of Australia) so this is right up my vegie patch.”
The One Nation senator squares for a High Court fight over the legality of his office. Culleton’s vegie patch is presumably just beside the tow truck whose key he stole.
“St Pope John Paul II had the last clear word on this and it stands, this stands.”
The head of the Catholic Church dismisses vicious rumours of his progressiveness, confirming that women priests will never be ordained in his faith.
“They are going to make movies about this game, this series, this team.”
The retiring catcher from the Chicago Cubs celebrates winning the World Series for the first time in 108 years. You wait all that time to win just so Tom Berenger or Charlie Sheen can play you in the adaptation.