1. Which two South Africans shared the 1993 Nobel peace prize?
2. Which French actress stars with Brad Pitt in the World War II film Allied?
3. What colour is the gemstone peridot?
4. Which male tennis player spent the fewest weeks ranked as world No. 1?
5. Tiger Airways Australia is a fully owned subsidiary of which airline?
6. Which town is closer to the New South Wales–Queensland border: (a) Lightning Ridge; (b) Goondiwindi; or (c) Bourke?
7. What was the scarecrow seeking in The Wizard of Oz?
8. Who is featured on the Australian $20 note?
9. Solid carbon dioxide is commonly called what?
10. Which artist’s single holds the record for the longest consecutive time on the ARIA top 100 chart.
11. Which Australian feminist wrote the book Fight Like a Girl?
12. Who was James Packer’s paternal grandfather?
13. The coastline of Ko Phi Phi Le belongs to which country?
14. Which part of the body is worst affected by tuberculosis?
15. In which year was the Treaty of Versailles signed?
16. Name any one of the three animated films nominated for a Best Picture Oscar.
17. Who was the last man legally executed in Australia?
18. With which sport do you associate Queensberry rules?
19. In which country is the city of Shiraz?
20. What is the name of the family in The Godfather?
21. Which singer was backed by The Heartbreakers?
22. Which cricketer holds the record as the most capped Test match player?
23. Which Canadian province name starts with M?
24. Which city will host the 2022 Commonwealth Games?
25. PVC is the abbreviation for what synthetic material?
26. Which British monarch fought in the Battle of Agincourt?
27. Which nation’s name is an anagram of a city in north-western Tasmania?
28. Singer Norah Jones is the daughter of which Indian musician?
29. Which Formula 1 driver won this year’s world championship before announcing his retirement earlier this month?
30. In the nursery rhyme Cry Baby Bunting what has daddy gone to fetch?
31. What is the first metal on the periodic table?
32. From which port did RMS Titanic begin its ill-fated voyage?
33. Cobalamin is another name for which vitamin?
34. Macau was a territory of which country until sovereignty transferred to China in 1999?
35. Which country won its first Davis Cup this year?
36. The city of Sapporo is on which Japanese island?
37. Where in the body would you find the occipital bone?
38. What word beginning with ‘p’ describes a person who knows and is able to use several languages?
39. What nationality was surrealist artist René Magritte?
40. Which Australian tennis player was honoured with the Newcombe Medal this year?
Click through for answers.