1. Who wrote the 1871 book The Descent of Man?
2. Pulmonary refers to what part of the human body?
3. Accra is the capital of which African nation?
4. Who succeeded Indira Gandhi as prime minister of India following her assassination? (Bonus point for naming the year she was killed.)
5. The Australian company CSR, founded in 1855, was originally associated with which industry?
6. Name the creator of the children’s book characters Hairy Maclary and Slinky Malinki?
7. A standard Scrabble game comprises how many tiles?
8. Which Australian basketballer this month fractured his leg during his debut with the Cleveland Cavaliers?
9. Which brewery recently used links to the Bible Society of Australia in a marketing campaign?
10. Is Whitby jet (a) a Royal Air Force fighter plane; (b) a semi-precious gemstone; or (c) a breed of cat native to South America?
Click through for answers.