1. A giant dying lion is carved out of rock as a monument in which Swiss city?
2. Which Beatles were left-handed?
Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr.
3. Where on the Celsius and Fahrenheit scales is the temperature numerically exactly the same?
4. Name the feminist author of Shrill: Notes from a Loud Woman
5. Before being passed on to horses or humans, the Hendra virus mainly infects which animals?
Flying foxes (fruit bats).
6. Who is the host of the radio program This American Life
7. Which country is the setting of the 2016 documentary film The Eagle Huntress
8. Is gazpacho served hot or cold?
9. Name the French physician and astrologer (1503-1566) who published now-famous collections of prophecies?
10. What is the name of the character played by Drew Barrymore in E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial
? (Bonus point for naming the year the film was released.)
Gertie. (Bonus point: 1982.)
“You see a bit of it in Australia – people that just feel as though they have got to constantly be commentating, and I just don’t think I’ll do that.”
The former prime minister of New Zealand takes a veiled swipe at Tony Abbott. Key intends to go back to a quiet life of pulling waitresses’ ponytails and joking that Maoris are cannibals.
“That wasn’t how these stories usually work.”
The Woman’s Day journalist whose story is the subject of a defamation action by Rebel Wilson defends not contacting the actor over claims she lied about her age and name. Wilson says she lost two film roles and gained six years because of the piece.
“I Googled it and found Abraham Lincoln had a modification. ‘Things may come to those who wait, but those who hustle get what is left.’ ”
The resources minister misquotes the great American president, overcome by his enthusiasm for the Adani coalmine. While you’re there, Matt, other fun searches include “climate change facts” and “self-serving opportunism”.
“I don’t really fight nice if I’m pushed too far.”
The conservative commentator responds to being sprayed with glitter and allegedly punched. In a kind of interpretive physical theatre based on one of his columns, he hit one man in the face and the other in the groin.
“He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia.”
The former FBI chief details exchanges in which Donald Trump pressured him to drop investigations into Russian connections. Trump was as shocked as anyone to learn the spies with which his campaign collaborated were Russian.
“To all the girls with books and pens, I hope your voices will be heard, that the extraordinary privilege that comes with being published will one day be yours.”
The celebrated journalist offers wisdom to young women entering the profession. She died this week, aged 60.