1. Kigali is the capital of which African nation?
2. Is language controlled by the left or right hemisphere of the brain?
3. Who composed the one-movement orchestral piece Boléro
? (Bonus point for naming the composer’s nationality.)
Maurice Ravel. (Bonus point: French.)
4. Orang-utans are native to which two countries?
5. Name the lord mayor of Melbourne who recently resigned amid sexual harassment allegations?
6. Which teams became BBL07 and WBBL03 champions this month?
Adelaide Strikers and Sydney Sixers.
7. Quercus suber
is commonly known as … oak?
8. Nicole Kidman has won three Logie Awards for her work in two television series with place names in their titles. Name them.
Bangkok Hilton and Vietnam.
9. The Battle of Old Baldy took place during which war?
10. What does pulchritudinous mean?
“Ms Campion was the only person interviewed for the role because she had the skills and experience and she was well known, of course.”
The minister for resources and northern Australia explains why Barnaby Joyce’s partner was chosen to work in his office. The senator was more convincing when he was just blaming his mum for stuff.
“It’s definitely not good for business.”
The owner of a Rockdale physiotherapy clinic in front of which former Comanchero bikie chief Mahmoud “Mick” Hawi was murdered reflects on the incident. Hawi was shot at least six times.
“I honestly think he may have a brain tumour. He’s always been insufferable.”
The Smashing Pumpkins bassist reflects on frontman Billy Corgan ahead of a reunion tour. She’s not a neurologist, but she’s not wrong either.
“The NSW ICAC is much better at destroying people’s lives than it is at uncovering real criminality.”
The former prime minister resists calls for a federal anti-corruption body. If you can’t corruptly influence mining leases and family business opportunities, what’s left to live for?
“The president along with the entire administration take domestic violence very seriously.”
The White House press secretary defends Trump aide Rob Porter. According to two former wives, Porter takes domestic violence particularly seriously.
“He got expelled for disciplinary reasons, I don’t know the specifics.”
The Broward County sheriff identifies the gunman in a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Florida, the 18th US school shooting this year. At least 17 people were killed.