1. Which country defeated Australia to win the 2019 Fed Cup?
2. Which author links the books Notes from a Small Island, A Walk in the Woods and A Short History of Nearly Everything?
3. Humboldt, gentoo and chinstrap are all types of which bird?
4. Fidelio is which composer’s only opera?
5. What beginning with ‘k’ is the name for the Chinese characters used in the Japanese writing system?
6. Jefferson City is the capital of which US state?
7. What is the English translation of the French word vin?
8. What is the principal monetary unit of Denmark and Norway?
9. The jacaranda is a subtropical tree native to which continent?
10. Who has been named to replace Tony Jones as host of the ABC’s Q&A? (Bonus points for naming the pair who will host Channel Nine’s Today in 2020.)
Click through for answers.