1. What 1965 Burt Bacharach and Hal David song was recorded by Jackie DeShannon, Dionne Warwick and Cilla Black?
“What the World Needs Now Is Love”.
2. The core beliefs and practices of Islam are known as The (how many) Pillars?
3. What colour is the eight ball in pool? (Bonus point for naming how many balls, excluding the cue ball, are in play at the start of an eight-ball game.)
Black. (Bonus point: 15.)
4. The Beehive is the common name for the executive wing of which country’s parliament?
5. Which 89-year-old actor has a tattoo reading “Scotland forever”?
6. Name two of the three South American countries through which the equator passes?
Ecuador, Colombia and Brazil (any two of these three).
7. Conor McGregor has again announced he will retire from which sport?
Mixed martial arts or UFC.
8. Name the Indigenous academic who was this month made an officer of the Order of Australia, for distinguished service to tertiary education, and as an advocate for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people?
Professor Marcia Langton.
9. What is the square root of 121?
10. Is a grebe a bird, fish or mammal?