1. What deadline has the United States government set for the withdrawal of all American troops from Afghanistan?
2. True or false: iron-rich haemoglobin makes blood red?
3. “But I have promises to keep, / And miles to go before I sleep, / And miles to go before I sleep” is a line from a poem by Robert …? (Bonus point for naming the poem.)
4. Name five of the seven von Trapp children from the film The Sound of Music?
5. In Scrabble, each player starts with how many tiles?
6. According to the saying, a fool and his money are soon …?
7. On May 1, 1931, the Empire State Building opened in New York City. How many storeys is it: (a) 85; (b) 102; or (c) 144?
8. The mathematical equation (-12) - (-6) = …?
9. Name the Western Australian tennis player who won her maiden WTA Tour title in Charleston, South Carolina, last month.
10. Which actress is named in the first verse of the Mark Ronson song “Uptown Funk”?
Click through for answers.