1. Which author wrote, “The world breaks everyone … It kills the very good and the very gentle and the very brave impartially”?
2. Muslims use which Arabic word to describe food that is permissible?
3. Who plays the titular role in the film Cruella? (Bonus points for Cruella’s surname and naming the 1956 novel the character originated from.)
4. What is the largest inhabited island of the Whitsundays?
5. The Native American Geronimo, who fought in resistance to both the United States and Mexican military, was a leader of which people?
6. Which French expression is defined as a feeling of pride and mutual loyalty shared by members of a group?
7. Which university awards Pulitzer prizes?
8. The periodic table has how many confirmed elements: (a) 87; (b) 103; or (c) 118?
9. Name the countries in the Five Eyes intelligence alliance.
10. Which club made this month’s final of both the men’s and women’s UEFA Champions League?
Click through for answers.