1. What beginning with ‘a’ refers to the mass of soft lymphoid tissue at the back of the throat behind the nose?
2. Who was the first president of the Russian Federation following the fall of the Soviet Union?
3. In Australian politics, what alliterative name is given to a preprepared question asked of a government minister by a backbencher of the same party?
4. How many tentacles does an octopus have?
5. Which Australian state capital is called the City of Lights?
6. In the 1955 Disney film Lady and the Tramp, what is the name of the Italian restaurant where the titular characters share a bowl of spaghetti? (Bonus point for naming Lady’s breed.)
7. The sum of the angles of a triangle always totals how many degrees?
8. Identical twins Lisa and Jess Origliasso are better known as which pop duo?
9. Which golfer last month became the oldest major winner to date, after winning the PGA Championship?
10. What did Jack trade the family cow for in the fairytale Jack and the Beanstalk?
Click through for answers.