1. Is a mandolin a stringed, wind or percussion instrument?
2. Which novel begins: “It was the best of times, it was the worst of times…” (Bonus points for filling in the gaps in what follows: “…it was the age of [what], it was the age of [what]…”)
3. The lost ship of Antarctic explorer Ernest Shackleton is named: (a) Endurance; (b) Endeavour; (c) Excursion; or (d) Enterprise?
4. The Grand National, held this weekend, is an annual horse race at Aintree Racecourse. Which major English city is Aintree near?
5. Who directed Air, a film about a then-rookie Michael Jordan signing with Nike’s basketball division?
6. Which American politician and activist is known also by her initials, AOC?
7. True or false: seahorses are fish.
8. Queen Elizabeth II is on the current Australian $5 note. Which building is featured on the other side?
9. In mathematics, is a quotient the result of multiplication or division?
10. Which river is considered the cradle of Chinese civilisation?
Click through for answers.