1. Which plant species was known only through fossil records and thought to be extinct, until it was discovered in 1994 in a NSW national park?
Wollemia nobilis (Wollemi pine).
2. What is the term given to a positive number that can be divided evenly only by 1, or itself?
3. In Spanish, amarillo refers to which colour?
4. John and Maxwell are the first names of which Nobel prize-winning author?
5. Chevy Chase is a suburb of which US city?
6. A swimming naked baby featured on the cover of which seminal 1991 rock album?
7. For which film did Philip Seymour Hoffman win a best actor Oscar? (Bonus points for naming any of the three films for which he received a best supporting actor nomination.)
Capote. (Bonus points: Charlie Wilson’s War; Doubt; The Master.)
8. From which Balinese prison was Schapelle Corby released last month?
9. Which strait, formerly known as Hellespont, connects the Aegean Sea to the Sea of Marmara?
10. Who was the only English cricketer to score a Test century during the latest Ashes series?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 8, 2014 as "In Spanish, amarillo refers to which colour?".