1. Name the three Australian medal winners at the Sochi Winter Olympics. (Bonus points for naming the events and medal colours.)
Torah Bright, Lydia Lassila and David Morris. (Bonus points: silver in the women’s halfpipe, bronze in the women’s aerials and silver in the men’s aerials).
2. Who is directing Star Wars: Episode VII
, the latest instalment in the Star Wars franchise, which is due for release in 2015?
3. In which decade did Bangladesh declare independence from Pakistan?
4. Name the latest novel by Eat, Pray, Love
author Elizabeth Gilbert?
The Signature of All Things.
5. What type of fruit has varieties that include Imperial, Murcott and Fremont?
6. Marissa Mayer is the president and CEO of which American multinational internet corporation?
7. In a traditional game of mahjong, each of the four players begins the game with how many tiles (with an additional tile going to the dealer).
8. What is Valentina Tereshkova’s main claim to fame?
She was a Soviet cosmonaut and the first woman in space.
9. Which Canadian-born Hollywood actress publicly announced she is gay at a conference in Las Vegas last month?
10. In which field of the arts is Englishman Henry Moore best known?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 15, 2014 as "What type of fruit has varieties that include Imperial, Murcott and Fremont?".