1. Anosmia refers to the loss of which sense?
2. Australian al-Jazeera journalist Peter Greste is imprisoned in which country?
3. Which artist’s paintings include The Dancing Class
(1870) and Portraits at the Stock Exchange
4. Which German field marshal was popularly known as the Desert Fox?
5. In a standard deck of cards the one-eyed jacks belong to which suits?
6. Argentine footballer Lionel Messi plays for which European club?
7. Who won this year’s best actor Oscar? (Bonus points for naming any of the other nominees).
Matthew McConaughey. (Bonus points: ChristianBale,
Leonardo DiCaprio, Chiwetel Ejiofor.)
8. Which country topped the gold medal table at the Sochi Winter Olympics?
9. Which of these musical instruments does not belong to the woodwind family: (a) flute; (b) oboe; (c) bassoon; or (d) cornet?
10. John Borghetti is CEO of which Australian company?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Mar 29, 2014 as "Argentine footballer Lionel Messi plays for which European club?".