1. Which actor links the films Seven, Superman Returns
and Margin Call
2. The troops of which nation were defeated in the Battle of Dien
3. The leader of an orchestra plays which instrument?
4. Where were the 2010 Winter Olympics held?
5. The Malaysian Airlines flight that mysteriously disappeared last month bore what number?
6. Name the US National Security Agency’s former contractor turned whistleblower who is currently avoiding arrest in a secret location
7. The Earth’s atmosphere mainly comprises which gas? (Bonus points for naming the three other key gases.)
Nitrogen (78 per cent). (Bonus points: Oxygen, argon, carbon dioxide; other components are found in lesser amounts.)
8. Name the 1940 animated film that was produced by Walt Disney and, in one segment, features Mickey Mouse as an aspiring magician.
9. The term “taikonauts” is given to space travellers from which country?
10. Which Australian author of the novels Johnno
recently celebrated his 80th birthday?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 5, 2014 as "Where were the 2010 Winter Olympics held?".