Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. Rob Ford, who has admitted to having used crack cocaine, “probably in one of my drunken stupors”, is mayor of which Canadian city?
2. The Battle of Midway was fought during World War II in which ocean?
3. Set in Iceland, Burial Rites
is the debut novel of which Australian author?
4. In regards to the American cable and satellite television network, the acronym HBO stands for…?
5. What is the nickname of the Australian women’s cricket team, which won its third straight World Twenty20 title this month? (Bonus points for naming the team the women beat in the final and the winner of the men’s tournament.)
The Southern Stars. (Bonus points: England; Sri Lanka.)
6. Which nation’s capital city is, in English, an anagram of its former capital city?
7. In the NATO phonetic alphabet, which girl’s name is used to signify the letter ‘J’?
8. What breed of animal is a Belted Galloway?
9. Name the former Tasmanian independent politician who served in the senate between 1975 and 2005 and died, aged 79, this month.
10. Lachlan Murdoch and James Packer were directors of which telco that collapsed in 2001?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 26, 2014 as "What breed of animal is a Belted Galloway?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.