1. Florence is the capital of which Italian region?
2. The counting system that uses only 0 and 1 is called…?
3. Which Shakespeare character utters the line: “It is a tale/ Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,/ Signifying nothing.”
4. Name the American architect whose philosophy was best exemplified by his design for Fallingwater (1935).
5. Alfred E. Neuman is the fictitious mascot and cover boy of which humour magazine?
6. Which actor links the films Mermaids
, Spice World
and Snow White and the Huntsman
7. Which two soccer teams contested the recent 2014 A-League grand final?
Brisbane Roar and Western Sydney Wanderers.
8. Name the founder of Meriton apartments, Australia’s sixth-richest person, according to the 2013 BRW
Rich List. (Bonus points for naming the top three people on the list).
Harry Triguboff. (Bonus points: Gina Rinehart, Frank Lowy, James Packer.)
9. Handed a life ban and $US2.5 million fine by the NBA for his racist remarks, Donald Sterling is the owner of which US basketball team?
The Los Angeles Clippers.
10. The Battle of Stalingrad was a major conflict in which war?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 17, 2014 as "Florence is the capital of which Italian region? ".