1. The acronym ASADA stands for…?
Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority.
2. Kronenbourg beer comes from which country? (Bonus points for naming which countries Asahi, Steinlager, Stella Artois and Corona are brewed in.)
France.(Bonus points: Japan, New Zealand, Belgium and Mexico.)
3. Who was made Empress of India in 1877?
4. From which Australian town did Japanese prisoners of war stage a breakout in August 1944?
5. Which artist, born in 1887 in present-day Belarus, painted works featuring a violin-playing goat and a cow holding an umbrella?
6. Who is the Roman goddess of peace?
7. Who is credited with having written Profiles in Courage
, a 1957 Pulitzer Prize-winning volume of short biographies?
8. Who stars in the title role of Maleficent, in Disney’s new take on the Sleeping Beauty
9. Which rank, along with bishops and archbishops, is in the upper echelon of the Roman Catholic Church, directly below the Pope?
10. Which herb starting with ‘t’ acts as the main flavouring component of a traditional Béarnaise sauce?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 24, 2014 as "Who is the Roman goddess of peace? ".