1. How many Melbourne Cups has jockey Damien Oliver won? (Bonus points for naming the horses he rode.)
Three. (Bonus points: Doriemus, 1995; Media Puzzle, 2002; Fiorente, 2013.)
2. Who was the first Australian to win an Academy Award for best actress?
3. Netscape, Firefox, Chrome and Safari are all types of what?
4. What name was given to the symbolic divider between the northern and southern states during America’s Civil War?
5. What property do you come to first after passing Go in a traditional (British) game of Monopoly.
6. Hester Prynne is the protagonist of which novel set in 17th-century Puritan Boston?
7. A Nobel prize-winning Australian immunologist was (Frank) Macfarlane …?
8. Name the world’s first man-made satellite.
9. Which former NSW police detective was arrested at his Sydney home last month for questioning over the death of student Jamie Gao?
10. Emily Blunt stars with Tom Cruise in the newly released action/sci-fi film …?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 7, 2014 as "Netscape, Firefox, Chrome and Safari are all types of what?".