1. Who scored the opening goal of the 2014 FIFA World Cup (for Croatia)?
Brazilian defender Marcelo (Vieira).
2. George Eastman was a pioneer in what field?
3. Stephen Harper is the prime minister of which country?
4. In Ancient Rome, a lustrum referred to what period of time?
5. The films Shrek
, How to Train Your Dragon
and Kung Fu Panda
are all made by which animation company?
6. What event is held for five days each May by Britain’s Royal Horticultural Society?
7. Amaroo, basmati, arborio and jasmine are all types of…?
8. In which Australian state or territory is the headland known as Cape Catastrophe?
9. How many millilitres are in an Australian standard cup measure? (Bonus points for answering how many millilitres in a teaspoon and tablespoon.)
250ml. (Bonus points: 5ml; 20ml.)
10. Which writer uses the pseudonym Robert Galbraith?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 28, 2014 as "George Eastman was a pioneer in what field?".