1. Name the veteran Queensland Nationals senator who retired after 31 years of parliamentary service on June 30.
2. Patty Mills and Aron Baynes last month joined which other Australian basketball greats as NBA championship ring holders?
Luc Longley and Andrew Gaze.
3. Which city is serviced by Marco Polo Airport? (Bonus points for naming which cities are home to O’Hare, Barajas and Changi airports.)
Venice. (Bonus points: Chicago; Madrid; Singapore.)
4. Traditionally, auditors would use which colour pen?
5. Which band comprises Natalie Maines, Emily Robison and Martie Maguire?
6. Dik Browne created which famous comic strip Viking?
7. What is the volume of a cube whose sides are two metres long?
8. Which American novelist wrote Portnoy’s Complaint
and Goodbye, Columbus
9. According to the Bible, who asked for the head of John the Baptist on
10. Name the former wife of billionaire James Packer, who was charged with drink-driving after a crash in Sydney last month.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 5, 2014 as "What is the volume of a cube whose sides are two metres long?".