Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. In which city did this year’s Tour de France begin?
2. Which actress links the films Mean Girls
, The Family Stone
and State of Play
3. The liqueur Kirsch has the flavour of which fruit? (Bonus points for naming the flavour of Chambord, Kahlúa, Cointreau and Frangelico.)
Cherry. (Bonus points: raspberry; coffee; orange; hazelnut.)
4. Gout is a type of arthritis characterised by high levels of what in the blood?
5. Name the highest city in Australia.
6. What is the name given to a style of Japanese comic books and graphic novels, aimed at adults as well as children, and featuring highly stylised art?
7. What was the other occupation of writer and Sherlock Holmes creator Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?
8. What is the codename given to the police investigation into sexual offences by British media personality Jimmy Savile and others?
9. Zaha Hadid is well known for her work in which field?
10. Beleaguered Espirito Santo Bank is which nation’s second-largest lender?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jul 26, 2014 as "Name the highest city in Australia.".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.