1. Which substance is represented by the molecular formula H2SO4?
2. Name the jockey who piloted Fiorente to victory in last year’s Melbourne Cup. (Bonus points for naming the other two horses this jockey won the Melbourne Cup on.)
Damien Oliver. (Bonus points: Doriemus in 1995 and Media Puzzle in 2002.)
3. Who directed the film Stars Wars
4. Which herb is also known as cilantro?
5. What common eight-letter English word contains five vowels in succession?
6. Justin Welby holds which senior religious position?
Archbishop of Canterbury.
7. Born in the Bronx, New York, in 1924, Betty Joan Perske was better known to the world by what name?
8. People with heterochromia iridum have what uncommon mutation?
Two different coloured eyes.
9. Austrian-born Australian Bert Flugelman is best known in which field of the arts?
10. Unarmed African-American teenager Michael Brown was fatally shot by police this month in which US state?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 30, 2014 as "Which herb is also known as cilantro?".