1. Which current capital city was originally named Edo?
2. How many points is the pink ball worth in a game of snooker? (Bonus points for naming how many points are scored in a maximum break under normal conditions.)
Six. (Bonus points: 147.)
3. In which year did the Cuban missile crisis occur?
4. A person born on February 29 has which star sign?
5. In mythology, the female spirits of justice and vengeance – Alecto, Tisiphone and Megaera – are better known as…?
6. Which knighted entertainer is set to perform at this year’s AFL grand final?
7. What is the claim to fame of astronauts Harrison Schmitt and Eugene Cernan?
They were the last men to walk on the Moon.
8. The “ice-bucket challenge” is raising funds for research into what illness?
Motor neurone disease, aka amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
9. Quicksilver is an alternative name for which element?
is the latest Jack Reacher novel by…?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 13, 2014 as "Which current capital city was originally named Edo?".