1. Which company produces the renowned Australian wine Grange?
2. Name the record-breaking progeny of Bel Esprit and Helsinge.
3. Sydney-born Amethyst Amelia Kelly is better known by her stage name …?
4. If your airline baggage is labelled LGW, where is it headed? (Bonus points for naming the airports with the codes LAX, JNB and CHC.)
(London) Gatwick Airport. (Bonus points: Los Angeles International Airport; Jan Smuts, Johannesburg; Christchurch.)
5. Rounded to one decimal point, how many acres are in a hectare?
6. What was the last referendum held in Australia (on November 6, 1999)?
Constitution Alteration (Establishment of Republic).
7. Which two-time grand slam winner announced her retirement from tennis last week?
8. Who wrote the opera Don Giovanni
9. The Minoan civilisation flourished during the Bronze Age on which Mediterranean island?
10. Hugh Ramsay is famous in which field of the arts?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 27, 2014 as "Who wrote the opera Don Giovanni?".