1. Which river flows through the German capital, Berlin?
2. What do people suffering from acrophobia fear?
3. The acronym POTUS is used to refer to whom?
The president of the United States.
4. What is the chief ore of aluminium?
5. Odin is the father of which Norse god?
6. Which Oscar-winning actress played Bond girl Giacinta “Jinx” Johnson in Die Another Day
? (Bonus points for naming who played Solitaire in Live and Let Die
, Pussy Galore in Goldfinger
and Vesper Lynd in 2006’s Casino Royale
Halle Berry. (Bonus points: Jane Seymour; Honor Blackman; Eva Green.)
7. Who made history by becoming the first non-Italian pope in more than 400 years?
8. Is it arteries or veins that carry blood away from the heart?
9. Golf’s Ryder Cup was recently played on which famous course?
10. Which author-illustrator writes the Diary of a Wimpy Kid
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 4, 2014 as "What do people suffering from acrophobia fear?".