1. When treating strains and sprains, the acronym RICE stands for…?
Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation.
2. In what year did the social networking tool Twitter launch?
3. Which Australian state or territory is home to the Bungle Bungle Range?
4. Nutmeg and which other spice are derived from several species of tree in the genus Myristica
5. What is the highest number on a roulette wheel?
6. What is the term for a word that’s spelt and pronounced the same as another word but has a different meaning?
7. What is the traditional gift for a 25th wedding anniversary? (Bonus points for naming the gifts for the 30th, 40th and 50th anniversary.)
Silver. (Bonus points: pearl; ruby; gold.)
8. The paraphrased quote “Religion is the opium of the people” is attributed to…?
9. What was the winning margin in the 2014 AFL grand final?
63 points (Hawthorn 137; Sydney Swans 74).
10. What does the Second Amendment to the United States constitution protect?
The right to keep and bear arms.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 11, 2014 as "What is the highest number on a roulette wheel?".