1. Which literary character first appeared in The Mysterious Affair at Styles
(published in 1920)?
2. What is the name of the straw-coloured liquid component of blood?
3. How many seasons were made of the television comedy Friends
? (Bonus points for naming three of its six stars.)
Ten. (Bonus points: Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Lisa Kudrow, Matt LeBlanc, Matthew Perry, David Schwimmer.)
4. What was the name of the first space shuttle, launched in 1981?
5. Brass is an alloy made of which two metals?
6. Due to negative connotations following World War I and II, the German shepherd dog breed was known by what other name?
7. What is the name of the fault line that runs through the US state of California?
8. Amal Alamuddin recently made headlines for marrying…
9. World No. 4 tennis player Simona Halep is from which country?
10. Which Perth-born model recently made a comeback to the industry as the new face of Country Road?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 25, 2014 as "Brass is an alloy made of which two metals?".