1. Who is deputy leader of the federal opposition?
2. Which country lies between Nicaragua and Panama?
3. What is the abbreviation “SP” short for when referring to an SP bookie?
4. Which car manufacturer produces models named Accent, Sonata and Santa Fe?
5. Johns Hopkins University is located in which US city?
6. Which Parramatta Eels rugby league star has quit the NRL and is pursuing a career in American football?
7. What is the title of Richard Flanagan’s Booker Prize-winning novel? (Bonus points for naming another two of his novels.)
The Narrow Road to the Deep North. (Bonus points: Death of a River Guide; The Sound of One Hand Clapping; Gould’s Book of Fish: A Novel in Twelve Fish; The Unknown Terrorist; Wanting.)
8. A small town in which Australian state was the first to fluoridate its drinking water supply?
9. Which actress links the films Juno
, Valentine’s Day
and Dallas Buyers Club
10. What historic event began in a bakeshop on Pudding Lane on September 2, 1666?
The Great Fire of London.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 8, 2014 as "Johns Hopkins University is located in which US city?".