1. Coptic Christians are native to which country?
2. Big Spender
is a song written for which musical?
3. Taste can be divided into five basic categories: sweetness, sourness, saltiness, bitterness and …?
4. Which horse finished second in this year’s Melbourne Cup, its third second-placing in four starts?
5. In anatomy, what is the more common name for the femur?
6. Which Beatles song’s title is derived from the name of a street where a young John Lennon and Paul McCartney used to meet? (Bonus points for naming which city is home to the street and who wrote the song.)
Penny Lane. (Bonus points: Liverpool; written by Paul McCartney and credited to Lennon-McCartney.)
7. Which soccer team became the champions of Asia this month after defeating Al-Hilal?
Western Sydney Wanderers.
8. Name the Israeli prime minister who was assassinated in 1995.
9. True or false: Siem Reap is the capital of Cambodia.
10. What year does MMXIV represent in Roman numerals?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 22, 2014 as "Coptic Christians are native to which country? ".