Click the questions to reveal the answers.
1. The English city Newcastle lies on the banks of which river?
2. In what year was Osama bin Laden killed? (Bonus point for naming the country in which he died.)
2011. (Bonus point: Pakistan.)
3. Hg represents which chemical element on the periodic table?
4. How long did Oscar Pistorius spend in jail?
5. Australian nurse Elizabeth Kenny became famous for treating which disease?
6. According to mythology, how many labours did Hercules perform?
7. Which Australian jockey, known as “The Pumper”, retired during this year’s Melbourne Cup carnival?
8. Which 1966 book by Truman Capote carries the subtitle “A True Account of a Multiple Murder and Its Consequences”?
9. Jarlsberg cheese originates in which country?
10. Which current television series features the characters Bobo, Rowlf, Janice, Statler and Chip?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Nov 14, 2015 as "Jarlsberg cheese originates in which country?".
A free press is one you pay for. In the short term, the economic fallout from coronavirus has taken about a third of our revenue. We will survive this crisis, but we need the support of readers. Now is the time to subscribe.