1. Who, according to The Beatles song “Eleanor Rigby”, was “writing the words of a sermon that no one will hear”? (Bonus point for naming the album on which the song appeared.)
Father McKenzie. (Bonus point: Revolver.)
2. Which Sydney Harbour beach shares its name with a Scottish residence of the British royal family?
3. Captain Wentworth and Anne Elliot are characters in which Jane Austen novel?
4. Name the German-Australian photographer killed in a 2004 car accident in Los Angeles?
5. In what year was the Greenpeace vessel Rainbow Warrior
bombed in Auckland Harbour?
6. What is the capital of Italy’s Veneto region?
7. Which 19-year-old swimmer won four gold medals and set two world records at the 2016 Rio Olympics?
8. Who plays a dreadlocked Ilderim in the latest film iteration of Ben-Hur
9. Name the CEO of Facebook.
10. What, beginning with ‘p’, is a natural setting agent for jam?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 17, 2016 as "What is the capital of Italy’s Veneto region?".