1. What word describes both the equipment relating to the saddling and harnessing of horses and a long stitch used to fasten seams?
2. Which is further south: Cape Horn or the Cape of Good Hope?
3. Protanopia and tritanopia are types of which condition?
4. What is the principal monetary unit of Sweden?
5. The young lovers Demetrius, Lysander, Hermia and Helena feature in which William Shakespeare play?
A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
6. River Rocket is the recently born son of which celebrity.
7. Which naturalist wrote the autobiographical work My Family and Other Animals
8. Which actor was born Jerome Silberman in 1933?
9. Name two of the four cities bidding to host the 2024 summer Olympics.
Budapest, Paris, Los Angeles, Rome.
10. Who is North Korea’s supreme leader? (Bonus point for naming his predecessor.)
Kim Jong-un. (Bonus point: Kim Jong-il.)
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Sep 24, 2016 as "What is the principal monetary unit of Sweden?".