1. Which novel’s opening features the line, “… light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul”? (Bonus point for naming the author.)
Lolita. (Bonus point: Vladimir Nabokov.)
2. Which teams were this year’s minor premiers in the NRL and AFL?
NRL: Melbourne Storm; AFL: Sydney Swans.
3. What is the largest port of Israel?
4. Name the new governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia.
5. Which artist’s new album, to be released this month, is titled Joanne
6. According to the Bible, how many years did Moses spend wandering the desert?
7. Participants in which sport practise matawari and teppo exercises?
8. What name was given to the mythical lost city of gold in the New World?
9. Which classical Greek philosopher was known as “the ugliest man in Athens”?
10. What is nitrous oxide commonly known as?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 1, 2016 as "What is the largest port of Israel?".