1. What colour wine is chianti?
2. Which Grammy Award-winning performer has siblings named Solange, Nixon and Bianca?
3. Name the three midcourt positions in a seven-player netball team?
Wing attack, centre, wing defence.
4. What is the main type of rock in the oceanic crust?
5. Name the journalist author of The Tipping Point: How Little Things Can Make a Big Difference
and Blink: The Power of Thinking without Thinking
6. For what purpose is baking powder added to recipes?
As a raising/leavening agent.
7. The Flying Scotsman, TGV and Shinkansen are all types of what?
8. Which American poet described the quality of her despair as “owl’s talons clenching my heart”? (Bonus point for naming her semi-autobiographical novel.)
Sylvia Plath. (Bonus point: The Bell Jar.)
9. Winona Ryder currently stars in which science fiction-horror television series?
10. What is the largest island in the Caribbean?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 8, 2016 as "What is the largest island in the Caribbean?".