1. What beginning with ‘l’ forms the solid, outer part of Earth?
2. In which decade did golfer Arnold Palmer win his first major PGA championship?
3. What type of mammal is a pipistrelle?
4. Which series holds the record for the most Emmy Awards won by a fictional TV show? (Bonus point for naming the previous record holder.)
Game of Thrones. (Bonus point: Frasier.)
5. What is the closest national capital city to Christmas Island?
6. What fruit is a hybrid of a tangerine and pomelo or grapefruit?
7. Which two statesmen shared the 1994 Nobel peace prize with Israel’s Shimon Peres?
Yasser Arafat and Yitzhak Rabin.
8. What does the abbreviation SIM stand for, in relation to the circuit-bearing card?
Subscriber identity module.
9. Name the documentary film that follows Owen Suskind’s battle with autism.
10. What comedian’s book of essays is titled The Girl with the Lower Back Tattoo
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Oct 15, 2016 as "What type of mammal is a pipistrelle? ".