1. Boston is the capital of which US state? (Bonus point for spelling the name correctly.)
2. Sally McManus is the new secretary of which Australian organisation?
The Australian Council of Trade Unions.
3. Who is directing the production of My Fair Lady
that’s touring Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney this year?
4. Which Australian winner of nine Olympic medals and seven world titles was inducted into the International Swimming Hall of Fame last month?
5. Which novel ends with the line, “He drew a deep breath. ‘Well, I’m back,’ he said.”?
6. Knot is the collective noun for a group of which animals?
7. Name the world’s second-highest mountain.
K2 (aka Qogir or Godwin Austen).
8. What is the German word for dog?
9. Andrei Bolkonsky and Natasha Rostova are characters in which novel?
10. Where in the world would you buy Murano glass?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Apr 15, 2017 as "Name the world’s second-highest mountain.".