1. For which film did Julia Roberts win a Best Actress Academy Award? (Bonus points for naming the three other films for which she has been Oscar-nominated.)
Erin Brockovich. (Bonus points: August: Osage County, Pretty Woman, Steel Magnolias.)
2. What is the name of the official plane of the vice-president of the United States?
3. What is the currency of Argentina?
4. Name the NASA spacecraft that is travelling between Saturn and its innermost rings.
5. What does the Latin word lacrima refer to?
6. What is the usual colour of a wild budgerigar’s chest?
7. What museum and memorial is located in Oświęcim, Poland?
The Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum.
8. The Roman numerals MCMLXXVII represent which year?
9. Which teams will play in this month’s FA Cup final?
10. In which month is Mother’s Day celebrated in Britain?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 13, 2017 as "In which month is Mother’s Day celebrated in Britain?".