1. Who, beginning with ‘F’, is the Norse goddess of love?
2. In what year did the Chernobyl nuclear disaster occur?
3. Renal relates to which organ of the human body?
4. Andy Warhol was a leading figure in which visual art movement?
5. In which month and year did Malcolm Turnbull replace Tony Abbott as prime minister?
6. What is the largest of all monkeys?
7. What is the predominant religion of Peru?
8. Name any two of the three actresses to win a Best Actress Oscar after winning a Best Supporting Actress Oscar. (Bonus point for naming the recipient of this year’s Best Supporting Actress Oscar.)
Meryl Streep, Jessica Lange, Cate Blanchett. (Bonus point: Viola Davis.)
9. What function do platelets in blood serve?
They stop bleeding by clumping and clotting blood vessel injuries.
10. The International Air Transport Association airport code for which airport is BHX?
Birmingham Airport, England.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
May 20, 2017 as "In what year did the Chernobyl nuclear disaster occur?".