1. What does the abbreviation CSIRO stand for?
Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation.
2. How many European country names begin with the letter ‘B’? (Bonus points for naming them.)
Four. (Bonus points: Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Bulgaria.)
3. With which band did Mariah Carey record the 1995 hit “One Sweet Day”?
4. The abbreviation “i.e.”, meaning “that is”, is short for which Latin term?
5. Where would you find armoires: (a) in a home; (b) in a zoo; or (c) in a cocktail?
6. How many minutes is a chukka in a game of polo?
7. Who, according to Greek mythology, was Queen of the Underworld?
8. Author Daniel Handler is best known for his work under what pen name?
9. What is the name of the alleged Australian drug mule who was arrested in Colombia in April?
Cassandra (Cassie) Sainsbury.
10. Butterhead, cos and mignonette are all types of what?
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 3, 2017 as "How many minutes is a chukka in a game of polo?".