1. The second son of Noah in the Bible had what meaty name?
2. What is a young eagle called?
3. Which diarist once wrote: “In spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart…”
4. Which country was known as East Bengal then East Pakistan until 1971?
5. Which fish is used to make rollmops?
6. Which of the following celebrities did not die in a plane crash: Patsy Cline, Jayne Mansfield, Otis Redding or Rocky Marciano? (Bonus point for naming the decade in which these celebrities died.)
Jayne Mansfield. (Bonus point: 1960s.)
7. What is the main alcohol ingredient of a screwdriver?
8. The phrase “by the fact itself” is more commonly expressed using what Latin term?
9. Which is further east: Broome or Perth, Western Australia?
10. Which Australian tennis duo were runners-up in the French Open women’s doubles this month?
Ashleigh Barty and Casey Dellacqua.
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Jun 17, 2017 as "What is a young eagle called?".