1. A painting of which TV celebrity won this year’s Archibald Packing Room Prize?
2. O3 is the chemical formula for what?
3. Where was Britain’s first escalator installed?
4. The poet Robert Service is associated with which country?
5. What does the acronym SCUBA stand for?
Self-contained underwater breathing apparatus.
6. Australian Rhiannan Iffland is a world champion in which sport?
7. Michael Cunningham wrote which novel that was turned into a film starring Meryl Streep?
8. Anthony Scaramucci was removed from which White House position after holding it for just a matter of days?
9. Which contagious disease was also known as “the red plague”?
10. What is the first name of Sherlock Holmes’ friend Dr Watson? (Bonus point for naming the London street on which the fictional pair lived.)
John. (Bonus point: Baker Street.)
This article was first published in the print edition of The Saturday Paper on
Aug 12, 2017 as "Where was Britain’s first escalator installed?".